- Founded in August 1998, Jones College Prep is a selective enrollment, college preparatory high school, offering the best and most innovative opportunities for student academic achievement. Jones consistently ranks among the top high schools in the city, state, and country based on multiple measures of student success.
- Jones has gone through many changes since opening its doors almost 150 years ago. The original Jones was a grammar school housed in a frame building a few blocks from the present location; it was destroyed in the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. The school was named in honor of William Jones, who in 1840 became the first and later thirteenth president of the Board of Education. He encouraged the education of every child, including girls, a progressive position during his time.
- A new grammar school was opened in 1875 at 607 Plymouth Court, at Harrison. The grammar school eventually closed, and Jones served a number of functions until 1938 when the Board of Education, recognizing the need for a school that would serve the booming business sector of the city, created Jones Commercial High School.
HOW WE SERVE TO STUDENTS
- A decision maker, a critical/analytical thinker
- Able to apply knowledge to reality
- Literate in all areas
- Able to absorb information and analyze it
- A life-long learner
- Aware of his/her own attitudes, biases, strengths, and weaknesses
- Responsible for his/her own actions
There are no reviews yet.